Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Introduction

I haven't had many experiences with technology besides the basics, Microsoft Word, minimal Internet usage and a little Microsoft PowerPoint. I have never been much of a computer person. Many of my friends have gotten upset with me over the years because I didn't write them back on facebook or myspace, or because I didn't respond to an email.
I would love to learn more uses for the Internet besides my occasional browse on facebook and myspace and of course, online shopping. I would like to be able to use the Internet for research more effectively. I would also like to learn more about using PowerPoint because I can only do the basics. I would to learn how to use excel because honestly, I don't even know what it is or what it's used for.
I scored a one towards the intuitive side and I understand why. I am a bit of both because I do prefer being tested on things specifically covered in class and I understand things better when I have a real-world example to refer to. On the other hand, I often make silly mistakes, especially in math, because I work too fast and I tend not to read the whole question. I get bored very easily in classes and my mind tends to wonder also if I'm not actively doing something or thinking about something. I think that is why I scored a 3 towards the active learning side. Even though I am somewhat of a quiet person I enjoy working in groups and doing hands-on activities because it helps me understand things better. I scored a 5 towards the visual learner side and I agree with that because whenever I think about things I picture it in my head and when I', trying to put things together I often look at the pictures more than the words. According to the quiz I am also a sequential learner and I agree with that because I like step by step processes when solving things. I may exclude a step or two every once in a while but I still know that there are steps and what they are and I have complete most of them in the order I know in order to solve a problem.

2 comments:

jgentile said...

Chantelle,

I think you will find that you will learn all the things you spoke about learning. We don't have a heavy emphasis on research, but if you remember to bring it up on the week 5 when we do the web hunt, then we can talk about using the internet for research.

Unknown said...

Looking forward to your other posts here. Jump on that ASAP otherwise you will really hate life, having to do several posts at once.