Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Chapter 6

This chapter discussed technology, digital media, and curriculum integration. I found the information describing authentic learning, active learning, anchored instruction and problem-based instruction to be interesting. I think authentic learning is extremely important to incorporate into the classroom because I often wondered why did I have to learn things and how would that knowledge help me in life. For me, active learning is extremely important. I'm the type of person that can't just learn by listening to a person talk. It's hard for me to concentrate and retain. I learn more and am able to apply the things that I learn better when I am interacting while learning and I think many other people are the same way.
This week non linear powerpoints were made. I have never made a non linear powerpoint before so learning how to make them was nice. I never really heard of one before. I thought all powerpoints were done the same way, in the linear format. I think this was can be a useful teaching tool. I could use it to teach in the classroom or have my kids work with it on an individual basis.

No comments: